Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Feel Good Gospel

"BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, AND THOU SHALT BE SAVED..."
Acts 16:31

Believe :
to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so: Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully.

My own personal testimony confirms the necessity of true faith for salvation. I have always believed in the existence of God. I have always believed what the Bible says about Jesus Christ,that He is the virgin born Son of God. He died on the cross to pay our sin debt. He was buried and that He rose from the dead. But I was still lost and on the road to hell until I was twenty-three years old.

Why? Because I had never truely repented of my sin and come to actually know Him. I had never seen myself as God saw me,totally depraved and without any good in me. I had always judged myself in the light of the morality of other people. But one night I saw myself in the light of God's righteousness, I cried out for forgiveness and trusted Jesus to save me.

When one truely believes in Jesus Christ they act on it and it changes their lives. Jesus becomes number one in their lives not just something we believe. Even the devils believe but they are not saved.

James 2:19 says, "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

Since you call on a Father who judges each man's work impartially, live your lives as strangers here in reverent fear. 1 Peter 1:17 (NIV)

Our fear is not to be slavish or paranoid. We find the proper balance in the fact that God is both our loving Father and our judge, which inspires a fear motivated by reverence. This kind of fear is not opposed to our assurance of God's care and love, but rather to that false kind of security that causes us to take God for granted, to become sloppy in our Christian life and to offend God's holiness.

Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. Luke 13:24

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV)

The is no easy feel good gospel like is preached in a lot of todays churches. This is not a game it is real. I do pray everyone will come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and not just come to know about Him.

No comments: